Contact Our Firm  
  How We Can Help
and Your Benefits

Apply for U.S. Visa

  Immigration Consultation  
  Immigration Questionnaires  
  Complimentary Services  


  Contact an Immigration Lawyer

H Visas
(Temporary Nonimmigrant U.S. Work Visas)

H Visas for Nonimmigrants Working Temporarily. The H visa categories are available to U.S. employers that wish to employ foreign nationals temporarily in the United States. There are several H visa categories including: H1B professionals in specialty occupations; H1C registered nurses in shortage areas; H2A temporary or seasonal agricultural workers in short supply; H2B temporary nonagricultural workers in short supply; and H3 temporary trainees.

H Visa Petition Procedure Generally:

Processing of an H visa petition starts when a U.S. employer files (except for H3 trainees) an application with the United States Department of Labor (DOL). For H1B cases, the employer must file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), Form ETA-9035, with the DOL. If that application is approved or certified by the DOL, the employer must then file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and an H Classification Supplement. If approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Service Center will issue a Notice of Action and approval notice. Additional steps must be then taken by the prospective employee depending on whether he or she is physically present in the United States.

The LL.M. Law Group understands that obtaining a temporary work visa to work in the United States can sometimes be difficult. Please click on one of the links below to learn more about how the LL.M. Law Group can help you start working, and stop worrying.



    Our Professionals
    LL.M. Law Group Fact Sheet
    Immigration Terms
    Immigration FAQ
    Immigration Links  
    Immigration News  
Information and
    Legal Notice  
    Credit Card Payment


U.S . immigration lawyers working for you.

LL.M. Law Group
53 W. Jackson Boulevard
Suite 525
Chicago, Illinois 60604 

T: (312) 880-0872
F: (312) 880-0870

Transaction Processing